Figuring out what to pursue in life
One big issue I have encountered in my 20+ years on this earth is trying to figure out what I want to do.
When I left my $100K+ job about a year in, I knew I wanted to build my own company. I had some sense of what I wanted to create but
found myself with a shitty plan and no real direction. So to figure out what I wanted to build and I started by asking myself some hard questions.
What are you passionate about?
What would you work on if you had $100M
Figuring out what to work on
- What makes you the most angry about the state of the world?
- What are you most afraid of for the next generation
- What makes you happiest in your life? How can you help others have the same?
- What are you good at?
- What can you be the best at?
- What makes you happy?
- What excites you?
- What makes you feel accomplished and good about yourself?
- What do you enjoy sharing or experiencing with other people?
These are some of the most important philosophies I abide by.
Discipline is the key to life.
Who gives a fuck about what people think about you.
Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose - Steve Jobs
I feel like everyone should create a bucket list and here is mine.
- Start a company
- Have pasta and wine in Italy